‘2015’ is leaving us with memories, experiences, learning; and leading way to a new year. As I set to welcome ‘2016’, I ponder on the last days of the year I’m present in – what have I gained, what have I lost, what will be the following year like. I feel I should also add to the list – what have I learnt, how have I helped others, how have I influenced others, how have I become better. Using the day for an introspection, I jot down some points which came to my mind. Things which I will focus on, in the coming year. I will love to hear some more from you if you would like to share.
- Engage more with family, friends & network – I realize that there are many instances where I could have engaged more with my family, friends and people in the network. ‘I was busy’ is an easy excuse which can be given to oneself and others. But was I really that busy that I couldn’t spend time with my grandmother, accompany my mother to the place, return a call of a friend or go to a dinner party. Life is moving fast. I will spend more time with my buddies.
- Help the needy – I always feel that God has given me more than necessary and I feel glad whenever I could be of any help to someone – in any form – an appreciation, advice, help, solution, or goods. ‘There is abundance in the world if we share.’ I too am a needy.
- Get into the shoes of – Everyone is fighting a battle which no other knows about. So, I will “Live and let live”. In today’s world, the most sought after necessity is ‘peace’ .
- Give love to the animals – I will support the beings as it is becoming tougher for them to survive in the world, with us trespassing and encroaching their homelands, yet we are ‘Deaf, Dumb & Blind’ towards them. Do something or adopt a pet whenever you can. If God has made them, they too deserve freedom, peace, happiness as much as we do.
- Get the facts right before jumping into gossips – Social media and people network comes with easy accessibility as well as a convenient layer, which definitely helps in raising my voice and expressing opinions in an easy manner. But I won’t be just another voice to the web of gossipers practicing that, which could be demeaning and detrimental to another person.
- Learn anything – I will improve my awareness and knowledge on something new. It will definitely only act as a positive.
- Spend time in hobbies & recreational activities – Off late, I have started focusing on my much-staggered hobby – Creative Writing. Pursuing a hobby indeed relaxes the mind and the body and makes it more productive. Sing, dance, play, paint, sketch, read, write...
- Walk, run, exercise, meditate, beautify, travel, dine – I will focus on my health as this actually traverses with you wherever you go: a healthy body and mind. I will also beautify myself by indulging in grooming and eating right. Travel is rejuvenating and I will explore new places.
- Love, respect, understand, spread smiles & happiness – I will put effort to bring a smile and happiness to people I come across.
- Be humble & open – The higher I fly and fall, it is harder. The parachute which acts as a support is humility. Shed ego, be humble and open.
- Forgive and let go – Holding on to anger is a quicksand of deterioration. Forgive and let go.
- Laugh hard – Laughter is the best medicine and is contagious in spreading merriment.
- Give my best & do work hard – The result is not in my hands but the effort is. I will give my best to whatever I’m doing. I will also work hard to achieve professional excellence in whatever domain I’m working in. At the end of the day, bread & butter matters for survival.
Wish you & family peace, happiness, prosperity – Happy New Year!